Sunday, December 29, 2019

S.L.J 2019/2020



Mr Mandela


For this activity, please imagine that you are Mr Mandela and that you are living at Robben Island prison. You have been given a journal and each night you write in it. On your blog, write a journal entry imagining that you are Mr Mandela. What do you think he did each day? How did he feel? Include as much detail as you can in the journal entry




Day 1

What have I done wrong? My hands are shaking this is not where i'm Supposed to be.Has the world come too! I am going to rest of putting my thoughts out into the world.

1 Week

This uncomfortable straw mat To sleep on. Can you see my bones I'm hungry I'm Thirsty. Help me!


1 Year

It's not too bad now a straw mat starting to get used to it. I miss everyone I haven't took the shower & which seems like years when can I get out of here?

18 Year last day
Finally! I get to taste real food!I feel like I'm livin' while being dead.At least I can get out of this place.I get to see my friends, my family, my loved ones and new ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Priya,

    I hope you are having a wonderful! I have the pleasure of reading some of your blog posts again today :)

    It is nice to see that you have written 4 different journal entries to describe Mr Mandela’s prison experience from day one through to his last day. What emotions do you think he would have felt when he was finally released from prison?

    I’m interested to know what you thought of this activity? Did you enjoy thinking and writing from another persons perspective? I think doing an activity like this is a great way to put ourselves in other people's shoes and experience ideas and feelings we may not experience in the real world.

    I enjoyed reading this post. Keep up the great work!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.