Monday, December 30, 2019

S.L.J 2019/2020



I Have A Dream


For this activity, please consider the problem that black men and women faced in America at this time. On your blog, describe the problem. What did Rosa Parks do about the problem? How did other people react?

In the 1950s and 1960s people with different coloured skin were not allowed to use the same toilet go to the same school or even sit next to each other on a bus. Thank god Lucky Martin Luther King Jr and Rosa Parks were brave enough to fight against that thought. I think treating other people differently just because of there skin tone is quite stupid. I’m so glad there were people like Rosa Parks in the world.




I go to a school where kids have lighter skin then me and I don’t think that they care that I have a different skin. Although my friends have a lighter tone skin then me we don’t care.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Priya,

    Leisha here again!

    I think it is interesting to think about the 1950s and 1960s compared to know and how different things are. What did Rosa Parks do on the bus that caused things to start changing? Imagine you were on that bus, how do you think you would have felt seeing Rosa treated the way she was?

    Thank you for sharing some photos of you and your friends. It was a lovely addition to to get your point across on this post too. You and your friends have a lovely friendship which is so very special. Are you catching up with some of your friends over the holiday break? I bet you miss each other when not at school.

    I am looking forward to your reply and to read more of your posts over the next couple of weeks. Keep it up!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.