Tuesday, December 31, 2019

S.L.J 2019/2020


The Right to an Education

For this activity, we would like you like you to write a short story. The story can be about anything that you wish but to receive full points it must be at least 10 sentences long!

I wrote this about a photo. Can you guess what's happening in the photo?


My heart racing as fast as possible my eyes drizzling with tears. The beast stares right into my eyes looking deep into my soul. I look left then right seeing if anyone is around too help me I scream help as loud as possible. I feel like my guts will pour out right now! The yellow, brown and black coloured animal. I can hear the beasts breathing as I slowly take one step back at time. The brown dried up leaves crackling every time I take a step. My mind still scrambled with a dozen of thoughts. Oh my gosh the brown eyes! Not a leopard but maybe just his uncle.

if you would like to know what the photo was then visit this website and it is the first photo you see there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Priya,

    Leisha from SLJ here!

    Wow, I really enjoyed reading your short story. I love the way you have described “the brown dried up leaves crackling every time I take a step”. I think it was such a great idea to use a photo as your inspiration for this short story. As I was reading it, I was imagining a monster of some kind. Love the reveal at the end. I was not expecting it to be a leopard.

    What happens next?

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.